Thursday 26 July 2012

Here it goes!

When I received the news that I was successful in my application for the internship, I was doubly thrilled. Not only would I be spending my summer in Chicago, but the dates meant I would still be in London for the first weekend of the OLYMPICS! The greatest sporting show on earth, that I have been dreaming about attending for the past seven years, is finally here and I could not be more excited!

We have been incredibly lucky as a family to receive tickets for two Olympic events on Saturday. We will head to London tomorrow, soak up the atmosphere and catch the opening ceremony on a big screen. Saturday will be spent cheering and whooping as the world's best basketball players and gymnasts do their thing before our very eyes.

A late night in London will be followed by an early start and an 11am flight to Chicago. Perhaps the 9 hour flight will provide the opportunity to get some shut eye! I will certainly be relying on adrenalin to get me through the first week! Monday morning, jet lag and all, I will be starting my internship at the British Consulate and I. CAN'T. WAIT!

1 comment:

  1. Some great photos of your weekend in London. Good luck for the next chapter of your amazing summer!

    ReplyDelete